Meat & Poultry Processing
At Epsilon Chemicals Ltd. we provide a wide variety of specialized chemical formulations for beef, hog, poultry, and shell egg processors.
Alkaline Circulation Cleaners
- Liquid Circulation Cleaner – A non-foaming, heavy-duty degreaser that works effectively on carbonized grease surfaces and solubilizes heavy grease, fat, and oil deposits.
- Heavy Duty Caustic Cleaner – A highly concentrated, strongly alkaline, chlorinated non-foaming liquid circulation cleaner for “in-place” cleaning of grease, fat, and oil deposits.
- Turbo-CIP – A strongly alkaline liquid chlorinated cleaner for “in-place” cleaning of equipment lines and tanks in food plants and dairies. Specially formulated for effective removal of protein and fats on hard surface areas.
- Pipeline Cleaner – A strongly alkaline, non-foaming chlorinated circulation cleaner for “in place” cleaning of fats, proteins and grease on stainless steel equipment.
Acidic Circulation Cleaners
- HD Descaler – A nitric acid based non-foaming liquid acid cleaner. It contains no phosphoric acid so it will not have undesirable effects on plant wastewater.
- CIP Acid – A concentrated non-foaming liquid blend of nitric and phosphoric acids.
- Non-Foaming Acid Cleaner – A highly concentrated, non-foaming liquid acid cleaner designed for removal of milk stone, beer stone, hard water scale, baked on proteins and other inorganic matter.
Strongly Alkaline Foaming Cleaners
- AP Chlorinated Cleaner – A premium, high foaming, moderately alkaline, chlorinated liquid cleaner and degreaser formulated specifically for use in areas with high levels of water hardness. Removes fat and grease deposits, leaving surfaces shiny and clean.
- Dynafoam Plus – A heavy-duty concentrated chlorinated alkaline cleaner and degreaser with excellent sequestering and chelating properties.
- Q-Foam – A strongly alkaline, high foaming chlorinated cleaner and degreaser designed for use in food processing plants, dairies, rendering plants and for many other applications.
- Chlor Foam Plus – a moderately alkaline, high foaming chlorinated cleaner and degreaser.
- Powerfoam Plus – a heavy duty chlorinated alkaline cleaner and degreaser designed for use in food plants, poultry processing plants, dairies, rendering plants and for many other applications.
- Heavy Duty Smokehouse Cleaner – a highly concentrated, self-foaming liquid cleaner ideally suited for use in food plant smokehouses or for other applications where a strongly alkaline cleaner and degreaser is required.
- Extra HD Foam – a strongly alkaline, self-foaming liquid cleaner ideally suited for use in food plant smokehouses or for other applications where a strongly alkaline cleaner and degreaser is required.
- Dynamic – a completely water-soluble, heavy-duty degreaser formulated with a combination of heavy-duty detergents designed for exceptional cleaning of a wide variety of surfaces.
Mildly Alkaline Foaming Cleaners
- TEEDEE – A moderate foaming, slightly alkaline liquid cleaner and degreaser effective in most water conditions. This product will emulsify animal, vegetable, and petroleum oils and greases and can be used to clean almost any surface.
- KPM Cleaner – A concentrated multi-purpose cleaner/degreaser/sanitizer containing biodegradable chelating agents and surfactants. KPM Cleaner is phosphate-free and does not contain alkylphenolethoxylates (APEs).
- Chloro – A high foaming, chlorinated liquid cleaner and degreaser. Mild enough to use on most surfaces.
- Clean Foam – A moderate foaming, mildly alkaline liquid cleaner and degreaser employing compressed foam technology. This product emulsifies animal and vegetable oils and greases.
Acidic Foaming Cleaners
- Acid Bright All Purpose – A high-foaming liquid blend of acids ideal of removing scale and rust
- Force – A premium, concentrated, high-foaming liquid blend of acids designed for removal of inorganic matter.
- E-San – A quaternary ammonium-based sanitizer. It is very effective against a wide variety of microorganisms at low concentrations.
- IQL Spray Sanitizer – A no rinse, isopropyl alcohol, lactic acid and quaternary ammonium-based hand and hard surface cleaner.
- Seco-San – A pH neutral ready to use cleaner and sanitizer. This product can be used on food contact surfaces in food plants, restaurants and other food facilities. The sanitizing effect is due to a specialized blend of quaternary ammonium compounds, isopropyl alcohol and hydrogen peroxide.
- Liquid Chlorine 12% – An effective sanitizer and bleaching compound designed for use in food plants and other industrial applications.
- PAA 67 – A 6% peracetic acid broad spectrum sanitizer designed for use in the food industry. PAA 67 is non-foaming, environmentally friendly and is effective and low temperatures.
- Perox-E – A highly effective, rapid action sanitizer designed for use in CIP sanitizing in the dairy, beverage and food processing industries.
- E-Quat – a quaternary ammonium based liquid sanitizer designed specifically for preventing cross contamination in food processing environments.
- MQ sanitizer – a highly active, broad-spectrum multi quaternary ammonium based liquid sanitizer that is also extremely effective in hard water.
- Bioguard MQ – a multiple-quaternary ammonium based liquid sanitizer designed specifically for preventing cross contamination in food processing environments.
Carcass Intervention Products
- Peroxy Blast – A stable, 16% broad spectrum peroxyacetic acid-based antimicrobial agent and bleaching compound. This product is phosphate free, breaks down rapidly after use to form water, oxygen and acetic acid and does not create chlorine trihalomethanes (THMs). No rinse approved up to 2000 ppm of peracetic acid.
- Peracid Blast – A stable, 23% broad spectrum peroxyacetic acid-based antimicrobial agent and bleaching compound. When used as directed it will help prevent contamination and cross contamination of food products. No rinse approved up to 2000 ppm of peracetic acid.
- CA 50 – A concentrated citric acid-based solution that can be used as a microbial control agent in red meat and poultry carcass wash systems.
- EC 88 – A lactic acid based product used for beef, poultry and pork carcass intervention.
Egg Shell Processing Products
Egg Washing Compounds
- Eggwash – A strongly alkaline, chlorinated liquid non-foaming egg wash compound designed for use in all size industrial type washers.
- Organic Clean Egg – A strongly alkaline liquid non-foaming egg wash compound designed for use in all size industrial type washers. Formulated for organic processors.
- Eggwash NC – A strongly alkaline, non-chlorinated, non-foaming liquid egg wash compound designed for use in all size industrial type washers.
- Natural Egg CC – A strongly alkaline, chlorinated non-foaming liquid egg wash compound designed for use in all size industrial type washers.
Foam Control Compounds
- EC Foam Kill Plus – is a highly concentrated, water-based antifoam designed to control foam in aqueous systems where the presence of silicone is not desired or cannot be tolerated. The foam suppressing qualities of this product is greatest at temperatures over 32 °C (90 °F).
- SAF 111FGK – This product is a food grade, silicone-based antifoam emulsion. SAF 11GFK is highly effective controlling foam in non-ionic, anionic and cationic foamants over a broad pH range.
- Foam Control OC – A concentrated, water-based antifoam designed to control foam caused by protein and starch soils in aqueous systems where the presence of silicone is not desired or cannot be tolerated. The foam suppressing qualities of this product is greatest at temperatures over 32 °C (90 °F).
- Liquid Tripe Clean – A uniquely blended, alkaline, non-foaming liquid formulated specifically for cleaning beef tripe and feet, as well as hog snouts, ears, and feet. When used in conjunction with Liquid Tripe White, extremely white feet, ears, snouts, and firm tripe is produced with minimal yield loss.
- Liquid Tripe White – A unique liquid formulated for bleaching beef tripe and feet, as well as hog snouts, ears, and feet. When used in conjunction with Liquid Tripe Clean, extremely clean feet, ears, snouts and firm white tripe is produced with minimal yield loss. This product can be dispensed automatically through metering pumps to reduce handling and enhance safety and controlled use. These is no dust, unlike powdered products, making it safer to use. It is completely soluble in the washing machine, resulting better yields and a cleaner machine at the end of production.
- Offal Clean – A moderately alkaline, granular cleaning and bleaching agent formulated for cleaning and whitening beef tripe. This product can also be used for treating feet, and as a general-purpose cleaner.
- Liquid Hook & Trolley Cleaner – A concentrated, highly alkaline, low foaming, liquid rust stripper. It works best when degreasing and derusting hooks and trolleys found in meat packing plants
- MP Alkaline Cleaner – A versatile, strongly alkaline, non-foaming, non-chlorinated liquid circulation cleaner specially formulated for a variety of cleaning applications, including circulation cleaning, fryer boil our, roller cleaning and cleaning beef tripe.
- Trac Lube Q – A concentrated, mineral oil-based trolley (roller) lubricant and anti-rust compound. This product is ideally suited for lubricated meat trolleys and conveyor chains while preventing rust formation and mould growth. This product is designed to be used on clean surfaces.
- Liquid Hog Scalding Compound – A highly concentrated viscous liquid with exceptional oil removal properties. This product is specifically designed to aid in the removal hair follicles in the de-hairing machine and hog polisher by penetrating and wetting the pores of the hog. The mild alkalinity of this product also helps in the removal of dirt and other soils from the hog carcass. The foam created by this product helps retain hear in the scalding tank and is a good indicator of when more chemicals needs to be added to the tank.
- EC Black, EC Glas, EC Red – These products are highly concentrated denaturants (dye) formulated for the sole purpose of identifying meat and poultry products that are intended for disposal and not human consumption.